Gift Recipient Guidelines
The following necessary Guidelines should be considered before submitting an application to Anna’s Celebration of Life Foundation. We would like for you to be completely informed of the process as collaboration and observance of these Guidelines will help this process flow more smoothly.
• New Guidelines Announcement – Due to concerns over long-term cost and quality care required for successful service dog placement, ACOLF is currently not accepting any more applications for service dogs in 2017. We are currently working with accredited service dog organizations (with a nonprofit status) to outline our new policies regarding requests for service dogs. Please visit again soon for more information.
• The Request a Gift form must be filled out in its entirety and submitted to Anna’s Celebration of Life. Please provide us with as much information as possible in the Item or Service Requested section. Failure to provide truthful information is a basis for denial.
• After we receive your request, we will request a third party verification of diagnosis and that the item requested is safe and will benefit the child. The third party will need to be a doctor, nurse, physical therapist, social worker etc.
• The item being requested must be for a child under the age of 18 (or 22 if still enrolled in High School). Gift recipient with special needs must live or be receiving medical treatment in the state of Indiana.
• The Item or Service being requested must be for the child’s benefit individually. Not intended to benefit the family. For example: paying an electric bill or purchasing a new video gaming system because an older sibling broke it – would not qualify as a necessary, life-enhancing gifts for a child with special needs. Although those types of things can be necessary for family life, they are not allowable under the bylaws of this foundation.
• Gift Requests should be for a therapy-type device or to increase the quality of life for the child.
• Anna’s Celebration of Life cannot provide cash, pay for therapies, transportation, or education. It must be a request for an item, device or service that will enhance the life of the child. Not sure what to request? Ask your child’s doctor or therapist. More often than not, some of the ideal requests have included tools, devices or technology that is used in therapy that families can have at home.
• Anna’s Celebration of Life is privately funded by donations received by individuals, companies, and organizations, therefore availability of funds is a factor in the decision-making process. Anna’s Celebration of Life may request additional support, or encourage the applicant to find supplemental funding. Anna’s Celebration of Life Foundation might also, from time to time, partner with another organization to provide the gift. It is our fundamental belief that the community and the family being
involved in securing the gift will increase the positive effect of a gift being awarded.
• If the application is approved and the Gift is delivered, we will assume permission in using pictures, letters, quotes from family etc., on our website, social media sites and/or marketing materials. We will, however, not use last names or other personal identifying information in conjunction with our social media efforts unless permission is specified by the family and/or it was a public fundraising event.
• If the child grows out of the device, we ask that you contact us and be willing to return the item as we could re-gift the item to another deserving family. If Anna’s Celebration of Life Foundation determines that a presented gift is being sold by a recipient family, the Foundation retains the right to legally pursue and collect 100% of the amount paid for the gift.
• Our goal is to assist as many children with special needs as possible. Please be considerate of the request being made and your ability to provide such need. We are a small, privately funded non-profit that relies on the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
Last Updated: 06/12/2017